Blog | October 3rd, 2014
H3 Health Insurance sponsors Business Eye Healthcare Awards
H3 Health Insurance proudly sponsored the first ever Business Eye Healthcare Awards that were recently held at a prestigious event in the Europa Hotel, Belfast.
The first ever Business Eye Healthcare Awards in association with 3fivetwo Group put the spotlight on the top performers across ten different healthcare sectors including Northern Ireland’s leading GP, Dental, Optometry and Pharmacy Practice. Key trophies awarded at the event were Hospital Consultant of the Year and the Community Nurse of the Year. Awards for the Care Home Sector were also featured, as was Healthcare Innovation and Clinical Excellence.
Gavin Higgins, Director at H3 Health Insurance said, “We have been delighted to be involved in this event to recognise the amazing people and companies we have in our healthcare sector in Northern Ireland.”
Representatives from H3 were in attendance at the awards to celebrate the first healthcare awards of its kind to be held in Northern Ireland. The awards set out to recognise the best of the best right across the public and private sector in Northern Ireland and were judged by an experienced judging panel made up from a wide range of industry experts.
H3 Health Insurance proudly sponsored the award for Community Nurse of the Year which was awarded to Paula Heneghan, Regional Nurse Manager, Marie Curie Nursing Service. Beverly Craig, Northern Ireland Hospice and Judith Hegan, Dr. Crawford & Partners GP Practice were both highly commended.
Talking about the event, Gavin said, “At H3 Health Insurance we work closely with a wide range of healthcare providers and this event is an amazing opportunity to showcase the wonderful people in both the private and public sector who are changing people’s lives on a daily basis.”
Gavin continued, “H3 Health Insurance is Northern Ireland’s only private health insurer and being locally based we wanted to support this event including everyone who has been nominated for an award. We are thrilled that so many talented people and companies in the healthcare sector have been recognised.”
The winners announced at the Business Eye Healthcare Awards were as follows:
- Care Home of Year – Care Circle Group
- Training In Healthcare – Homecare Independent Living
- Innovation Award – EAR Splints Ltd
- Community Nurse of the Year – Paula Heneghan, Regional Nurse Manager, Marie Curie Nursing Service
- Dental Practice of the Year – Dunmurry Dental Practice
- Optometry Practice of the Year – Jonathan Hall Opticians, Belfast
- Pharmacy Practice of the Year – Lloyds Pharmacy Group
- Clinical Excellence Award – Phyl Gargan, Research Midwife, QUB & Royal Jubilee Maternity Hospital
- GP Practice of the Year – The Rowantree Family Practice, Dunluce Health Centre, Belfast & Seymour Hill, Dunmurry
- Consultant of the Year – Professor Max Watson, Consultant Physician in Palliative Care & Medical Director, Northern Ireland Hospice